Remember my post about National Blog Posting Month, and how I was going to post every day for the rest of July? Well, we’re going to Maine next week, and I’ll be gone without access to a computer, let alone the Internet. So, readers, I blew the whole NaBloPoMo pledge. Sorry! 😳 While I’m in Maine, though, I’ll leave this post containing jokes, facts, a fun story, and a few pics to tide us all over until my return. I apologize, and enjoy this post!
- Snow leopards cannot roar.
- Tug-of-war was an official Olympic event until 1920.
- Seaweed can be used to thicken ice cream.
- The word clip means both “fasten” and the very opposite, “detach”.
- Female grizzles sleep through birth during hibernation.
- The continent of Antarctica wasn’t discovered until 1820.
- Women end up digesting most of the lipstick they apply.
These aren’t really jokes as much as quotes from Bob Hope. Thanks to Uncle Andy’s Digest of Lewiston and Auburn, Maine for introducing these to us!
- Bob Hope on giving up boxing: “I ruined my hands in the ring…the referee kept stepping on them.
- Bob Hope on never winning an Oscar: “Welcome to the Academy Awards, or, as it’s called at my home, Passover.”
- Bob Hope on presidents: “I have performed for 12 presidents nad entertained only 6.”
- Bob Hope on why he chose showbiz for his career: “when I was born, the doctor said to my mother, ‘Congratulations. You have an eight-pound ham.'”
My mom has always liked everything to be neat, clean, and perfect. Whenever we went over to someone’s house, my dad and I will bet how long it takes her to adjust a crooked picture, or straighten uneven curtians. When my dad and I ran out on an errand for some groceries, and one of the items litsted was a box of tissues, we just grabbed the first box we saw. It was a lovely (not) shade of brown covered with swirly things, but we didn’t think it mattered. We dropped off the box at the house and went out to do something else (the cold stuff couldn’t stay in the car). When we returned, we found that the box of tissues was left on the porch with a large sign stating “UGLY” taped on it. We cracked up, and now the poor tissues are housed in my dad’s pickup truck.
Enjoy these pics!