Have you ever looked in the classified section of your local newspaper just for entertainment? It’s become a habit of mine to, after I finish the comics, take a peek in the “Items for FREE” column. Although I’m not interested in picking anything up (and the tiny print is a bit squinty), it’s always fun. Here’s a sampling of typical items for free, from today’s newspaper.
- Bedliner: Free
- Bedroom set: two sofas, end tables, chair. Free
- Camper-top: Camper top for small truck, free for pickup
- Cat: FREE mature cat for seniors 60+, special from shelter w/ free food and litter.
- Chair: free Lazyboy reclining chair beige color
- Children’s fort: w/ ramp & slide, wooden. You must remove
- Coffee table: 3 foot square with glass top brass legs. Free.
- Floor lamp: yieldhouse dark oak with book compartment
- Folding cot: good condition FREE
- Hot water heater: 80 gallon electric hot water heater, you take away.
- Oil tank: 275 gallon oil tank, empty. You take away
- Sofa: 83″ French Provincial green tapestry sofa. FREE for pickup
- Sofa & chair: Sealy, red. FREE – take it away
- Trampoline: 14-ft. dia. trampoline w/ safety net. You pick up.
- Water filtration system: Water Soft, balances PH, activating charcoal system. FREE.
Usually there are some really good ones, but this batch wasn’t so bad. Who would want a beige recliner (#5)? I can see why they’re giving it away. Anyway, seen any good freebies lately?