Readers, I’m afraid I must say that I will not be blogging for the whole of next week. I’m going to be on a vacation to Maine; School is out ~ Finally ! 😀 I will probably have no access to the Internet, so I will use this post to display a bunch of facts, jokes and photos to tide us all over until I return. I really apologize for the boringness of this blog in the near future, but I can’t help it. Anyway, enjoy the following bits and pieces.
- Bolts of lighting can shoot out of an erupting volcano.
- The 22 smallest U.S. states could all fit inside Alaska.
- Hawaii is moving about three inches closer to Japan each year.
- A stack of a billion dollar bills weighs more than 15 army tanks.
- Wedding gowns have been made out of toilet paper.
- A slinky could stretch from a sixth floor window to the ground.
- A 5,000-year-old piece of chewing gum was discovered in Finland.
- The biggest inhabited palace on Earth (in the southeast Asian country of Brunei) has 1,788 rooms.
- The world’s largest milkshake was 6,000 gallons — enough to fill more than100 bathtubs.
Here are a few fun pics for you to enjoy!
A few jokes from Uncle Andy’s Digest of Lewiston and Auburn, Maine ~ If you have a parent who works for a company with a boss who acts like this, be sure to share these with them! Read on and enjoy…
- When you take a stand, you’re being bull-headed. When your boss does it, he’s being firm.
- When you do something without being told, you’re overstepping your authority. When your boss does the same thing, he’s being initiative.
- When you please your boss, you’re apple-polishing. When your boss pleases his boss, he’s being co-operative.
- When you don’t do it, you’re lazy. When your boss doesn’t do it, he’s too busy.
- When you take a long time, you’re slow. When your boss takes a long time, he’s thorough.
Enjoy all of these, and I’ll post next Sunday!